Thursday, March 03, 2016

BIG CITY

1982-01-02-090

SONG #026

BIG CITY

Big City are you waitin’
Big city are you waitin’ on me
Are you waitin’ on me?

When I left out of the city
I left it for a smaller town
Tryin to get back to the country
Just tryin to settle on down

Big City are you listenin’
Big city are you listenin’ to me
Are you listenin’ to me?

I had me a woman in the city
I loved her the best I could
She left me a cryin and a whinin’
Now I know I never should

Big city are you burnin’
Big city are you burnin’ your lights
Are you burnin’ your lights?

City's been callin’ me back there
City's been on my mind
Found a new love in the city.
City don't let me unwind

Big city don't be bringin’
Big city don't be bringin’ me down
Don't be bringin’ me down

Big City I won't go hurtin’
Big city I won't go hurtin’ no more
I won't go hurtin’ no more.

Larry Binion
01-02-82

.................I could not bring my passions from a common spring........

No comments:

Post a Comment